Packing can make a quick weekend trip seem not worth the trouble. But there is an easy way to get your stuff together, without a lot of effort.
1. Start a list in your planner of stuff that you need to pack as soon as you schedule the trip. I keep this list in my Project section.
2. The day before the trip, go over the schedule (in your head or your planner) and toss items in a bag as you think of them.
Here's how I do it:
-dirty laundry bag
Getting ready for bed?
Notice how I go through the steps of my routine in my head, as if I were actually doing the steps, and pack what I need.
3. Some things (like a toothbrush) may be needed the day of the trip and cannot be packed in advance. Make a list of those items in your planner as you pack.
TIP: Store that list between your weekly pages so that you are forced to look at it in the morning. Or tape it to your keys.
Don't forget to put cell and charger on this list!
4. Once you are packed, check your original list and add anything from that list that you have not packed yet.
5. Then, and this is key, go through an old packing list or two (I file these in the ABC Notes/Files section of my planner) and see if you forgot anything! If so, add it to your suitcase.
Five steps. You can pack quickly and expertly and never forget anything again.