***This post may contain affiliate links. See my "Disclaimer" link for additional details.***
Filing is the worst chore in the universe for some people. I hear about it all the time.
Tell you what...I'll do your filing if you scrub my bathtubs! I hate bathtubs more than any other chore.
Also, I've found a way to deal with my piles of unfiled papers that actually works.
My How I Use Planners When Filing video shows you the complete system that I use for managing household files.
Some of my favorite tips include:
1. Keep tons of easy-to-use supplies on hand, like blank manilla folders and my super secret weapon for neatly labeled folders!
2. Schedule a monthly or quarterly appointment with your files.
3. Maintain a master list of files (and subfiles, if you use them) in the notes section of your planner.
TIP: If you don't use a planner, just tape the list to the file box.
4. Choose a file box that is portable and easy-to-access.
5. Use a decorative magazine rack as a hold and a file box.
Remember to sign up for my mailing list (right sidebar, instead of a pesky pop-up!) and never miss a Giftie post again.
If you enjoy what you read at Giftie Etcetera, please share on social media. Click here to join the Giftie Etcetera Facebook group.